The latest release of Oolite is version 1.80, released 1 July 2014. This is the version recommended for playing the game.
Mac OS X
Mac OS 10.6 or later
OXP Developer releases
The main downloads are optimised for maximum in-game performance and are recommended for players. People wishing to develop expansion packs for the game are recommended to install the OXP Developer releases. The following extra features are enabled in these releases at the expense of performance.
- Debug OXP and Debug Console are supported.
- OXP Verifier functionality is included.
- Localization tools support is included.
- AI Graphviz support is included.
- Debug information is added. (e.g. AI stack, collision, dump target state, entities, memory usage, script tracing etc.)
- JS monitor support is enabled.
- The JS method
- Time Acceleration Factor (TAF) is enabled.
- Shift-F displays FPS, entities, coordinates and TAF info.
- Sanity checks are included.
Mac OS X
The next version of Oolite is being developed, with frequent changes. Nightly builds of the latest source are available for testers.
Warning: these builds may at any time contain serious bugs, prototype features, and other unstable code. We do not recommend these for regular play, and you should take backups of your saved games before using them.
If you would like to try out the latest code, and give us feedback on the new features, then you can find the links to the nightly builds on the Oolite forum.